Agile methodology is basically seeking alternatives to linear project management. It is how a team will be able to respond to any kind of unpredictability that happens through feedback and incremental work.
How can you benefit from the use of agile methodology?
- Engagement of the stakeholder and the development team: – This methodology provides a lot of opportunities for engagement between the team of developers as well as the stakeholder, each happening at a crucial time of development. It is by involving the client in each and every step of the development that there would be a wonderful amount of collaboration and exchange of ideas. The project team will be able to understand the vision of the client correctly, and they will also be able to develop the working software, thereby helping the team understand the proper needs of the client and building trust.
- Transparency: – When a client hands over the work to a developing agency, it is a unique opportunity for the development team to work on it. However, if there is a complete transparency between the client and the development team, it can result in trust as well as a recurring business for both the parties involved. The client will be able to see the team prioritizing his work, and this added amount of transparency provides a lot of assurance to the client about his work being done properly.
- Delivery time prediction: – Upon proper contemplation with the help of agile methodology between the client and the team, delivery times for the project can be predicted. The team will be able to achieve an accurate predictability on the timeframes required, which will also provide a lot of opportunity for the client to test out the software before time and witness its potential.
- Schedule and costs predictability: – Since each and every sprint happens to be for a fixed duration of time, the prediction of the costs involved can be done accurately. The exact amount of work that shall be performed by each and every team member within that Sprint shall be contemplated along with the estimate provided by the client, and an approximate cost will be figured out for the entire project/sprint. This way, the priority of features as well as the need for any additions and alterations to the program can be done as early as possible.
- Changes to be made: -The agile methodology focuses upon certain features that have been requested by the client during each and every sprint. There is also an opportunity for any changes to happen as well as take care of the backlog work in case there are any. Certain plans can be altered during the development, thereby providing opportunities for the product to be changed within a short amount of time.
- Complete focus upon the business value: – When the client is involved, the complete focus of the project under development will be on the business value/end of the product. This is the reason why the delivery of the features requested by the client should match with the business needs of the client.
- Priority to the users: – The agile methodology ensures that the product can be meeting the criteria for acceptance amongst the users. Each and every feature will need to develop some value for the user and not simply added because it looks good on the software. This enables the perfect opportunity to test out the software during each and every sprint, securing valuable feedback from the client as well as the user base, and changes can be integrated as and when required.
- Improvement in quality: – When the development of the project is broken down into a few sprints or rather a certain time frame, a complete focus on quality development can be done. Testing, collaboration as well as conducting any reviews upon the completion of each and every sprint can easily be undertaken.
Agile methodology followed by Us: –
- First day of the sprint- We plan for the tasks upon consultation with the client. Any valuable inputs is given by the client is taken forwards and implemented on the project after careful considerations of its implication on the development of the project.
- Last day of the sprint- We review the tasks completed/not completed and we gauge the reasons for the development of the project to be in that stage.
- We assign a scrum master to assign tasks and have regular calls/meetings with the team members as well as with the client. This initiates a discussion on how we can move forward with the project if it has some setbacks, or how we can move on to the next step if everything is going fine.
- We use JIRA/Trello software for the process of Scrum or agile methodology. This helps in planning and execution of the project in a systematic manner.
Did you like the article? Do subscribe to our newsletter
#php get_sidebar(); ?>